Stereotactic Radiosurgery in Hyderabad
Stereotactic Radiation therapy
Stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) is a non-surgical radiation therapy used to treat functional abnormalities and small tumors of the brain. It is one of the latest developments in radiosurgery that effectively kills malignant cells without damaging nearby healthy tissues. It is directed towards cancerous cells, so there is less chance of damage to normal healthy cells. It involves delivering a high dose of focused radiation therapy to a small, well-defined area in the brain or any other head part.
Advantages of Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Brain Tumours Stereotactic Radiotherapy- Stereotactic radiosurgery treats secondary cancers that have spread to the brain.
- It is a minimally invasive technique that doesn't require any cut or incision.
- It preserves healthy tissues as it can deliver precisely targeted radiation in fewer high-dose treatments than traditional therapy.
- SRS is also used to treat some non-cancer or tumor conditions such as arteriovenous malformations (abnormal connection of veins and arteries) and complex cases of trigeminal neuralgia.
- SRS can be used to destroy cancerous cells that are difficult to reach.
- It is a pain-free procedure.
Risks involved in Stereotactic radiosurgery are:
- Fatigue: it can cause tiredness and fatigue in the patients
- Swelling: Swelling in the brain, nausea, vomiting, and headache are the common signs and symptoms.
- Scalp and hair problems can cause scalp redness, irritation, or sensitivity.
Why it's done
Stereotactic radiosurgery can be done to cure many disorders like:
- Brain tumor: Gamma Knife is often used to treat noncancerous (benign) and cancerous (malignant) brain tumors, including meningioma, paraganglioma, hemangioblastoma, and craniopharyngioma.
- Arteriovenous malformation (AVM): the malformations are destroyed by SRS, and the blood vessels close off over time.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery is one of the treatment modalities to cure trigeminal neuralgia.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery may stop the growth or minimize the size of an acoustic neuroma with little risk of permanent nerve damage.
- It also treats pituitary tumors, tremors, liver, lung, and spine cancers.
Stereotactic radiosurgery is a minimally invasive procedure that is pain-free and comfortable. We offer the best Stereotactic radiosurgery under the supervision of a renowned and reputed oncologist. We handle every patient with care and ensure seamless care and guidance after the treatment. To know more about Stereotactic radiosurgery, visit our clinic. You can also call us or fix a video consultation with us. Book your appointment now!