Chemotherapy in Hyderabad
The study shows that more than 1300 people die daily because of cancer. One in 68 males (lung cancer), 1 in 29 females (breast cancer), and 1 in 9 Indians will develop cancer during their lifetime. Chemotherapy has proved to be an effective way to treat any stage of cancer. Chemotherapy works for the entire body and kills the cancerous cells that spread to other parts of the body apart from the actual place of the tumor. Chemotherapy uses drugs to treat cancer cells in humans and animals. Chemotherapy in Hyderabad is now available at Dr. Vijay Karan Reddy's clinic.
Why it's done
Chemotherapy is an effective way to destroy cancerous cells that are growing and multiplying faster than normal cells:
- It can cure cancer by damaging cancerous cells.
- Chemotherapy is used to kill hidden microscopic malignant cells after surgery or radiation.
- Chemotherapy is done to shrink the tumors and stop spreading. This way, the patient can live for a more extended period and have a higher chance of being the cure.
- It prevents the spread of malignant cells.
- It can also be used as neoadjuvant therapy and prepares patients for local treatment.
- Chemotherapy gives palliative care and reduces the pain and symptoms of end-stage cancer.
Side effects that occur during chemotherapy treatment
Common side effects of chemotherapy drugs include:
- Hair loss
- Loss of appetite
- Mouth sores
- Easy bruising
How chemotherapy drugs are given
Chemotherapy drugs are given in the form of:
- Chemotherapy infusion: this is the most common technique. The drug is given intravenously into the veins of the chest or arm.
- Chemotherapy pills: chemotherapy drugs can be given as oral medications or capsules.
- Chemotherapy shots: chemotherapy shots are inserted with the help of a needle.
- Chemotherapy is given directly to cancer: chemotherapy drugs can be delivered directly to the abdomen (intraperitoneal chemotherapy), chest cavity (intrapleural chemotherapy), or central nervous system (intrathecal chemotherapy). Chemotherapy can also be given through the urethra into the bladder (intravesical chemotherapy)
- Chemotherapy drugs are used to treat one area of the body: Chemotherapy can be given directly to cancer or, after surgery, where cancer once was. For example, we can place thin disk-shaped wafers containing chemotherapy drugs near a tumor during surgery. The wafers break down over time, releasing chemotherapy drugs.
- Doctors may also inject chemotherapy drugs into a vein or artery that directly feeds a tumor.
Chemotherapy Doctors In Hyderabad
Chemotherapy requires follow-ups. It may be painful, but it is the best and safest way to get rid of cancer. We ensure the best chemotherapy in Hyderabad and palliative care for cancer. We have the latest medicines and advances set up to treat malignant diseases. We provide the most ethical and affordable way while preserving the quality of care and ensuring reasonable value to the patients. Get in touch with us to know more about chemotherapy and its uses. We ensure utmost professionalism and offer our patients the best hospitality and top-notch treatment. You can fix a tele or video consultation now with Chemotherapy Doctors In Hyderabad, Dr. Vijay Karan Reddy, or you can directly visit us. Book an appointment now!