Chemotherapy in Hyderabad
According to the study, more than 1300 persons die every day because of cancer. One in 68 males (lung cancer), 1 in 29 females (breast cancer), and 1 in 9 Indians will develop cancer during their lifetime. Chemotherapy has proved to be an effective way to treat any stage cancers. Chemotherapy works for the entire body and kills the cancerous cells that spread to other parts of the body apart from the actual place of the tumor. Chemotherapy is the use of drugs to treat cancer cells in humans and animals. Chemotherapy in Hyderabad is now available at Dr. Vijay Karan Reddy's clinic.
Why it's done
Chemotherapy is an effective way to destroy cancerous cells that are growing and multiplying faster than normal cells.
- It can cure cancer by damaging cancerous cells.
- It can be used to kill hidden microscopic malignant cells after surgery or radiation.
- Chemotherapy is done to shrink the tumors and stop spreading. This way, the patient can live for a more extended period and have a higher chance of cure.
- It prevents the spread of malignant cells.
- It can also be used as neoadjuvant therapy and also prepares patients for the local treatment.
- Chemotherapy gives palliative care and reduces the pain and symptoms of end stage cancer.
Side effects that occur during chemotherapy treatment
Common side effects of chemotherapy drugs include:
- Hair loss
- Loss of appetite
- Mouth sores
- Easy bruising
How chemotherapy drugs are given
Chemotherapy drugs are given in form of:
- Chemotherapy infusion: this is the most common technique. The drug is given intravenously into the veins of the chest or arm.
- Chemotherapy pills: chemotherapy drugs can be given in the form of oral medications or capsules.
- Chemotherapy shots: chemotherapy shots are inserted with the help of a needle.
- Chemotherapy is given directly to cancer: chemotherapy drugs can be delivered directly in the abdomen (intraperitoneal chemotherapy), chest cavity (intrapleural chemotherapy), or central nervous system (intrathecal chemotherapy). Chemotherapy can also be given through the urethra into the bladder (intravesical chemotherapy)
- Chemotherapy drugs used to treat one area of the body: Chemotherapy can be given directly to cancer or, after surgery, where cancer once was. As an example, thin disk-shaped wafers containing chemotherapy drugs can be placed near a tumor during surgery. The wafers break down over time, releasing chemotherapy drugs.
- Chemotherapy drugs may also be injected into a vein or artery that directly feeds a tumor.
Best Doctor for Chemotherapy in Hyderabad
Chemotherapy requires follow-ups. It may be painful but it is the best and safest way to get rid of cancer. We ensure the best chemotherapy in Hyderabad and palliative care for cancer. We have the latest medicines and advances set up to treat malignant diseases. We provide the most ethical and affordable way while preserving the quality of care and ensuring reasonable value to the patients. To know more about chemotherapy and its uses, get in touch with us now. We ensure utmost professionalism and offer the best hospitality and top-notch treatment to our patients. You can fix a tele or video consultation now with the best doctor for Chemotherapy in Hyderabad, Dr Vijay Karan Reddy or you can directly visit us. Book an appointment now.