Apollo Proton Therapy
The best way to cure organ-specific cancer is proton therapy. With the advancement in technology, cancer is curable now! Proton therapy effectively damages the cancerous cell without harming nearby healthy tissues.
Proton beam therapy is a type of radiation therapy that uses protons rather than X-rays for cancer treatment. Proton therapy has proved to be more effective than radiation therapy as it uses a positively charged particle called proton and has also shown lesser side effects.
Why it's done
Proton therapy is done for treating benign and malignant tumors. It's an effective treatment modality along with surgery and chemotherapy. It is done for the treatment of the following disorders:
- Brain tumors
- Breast cancer
- Cancer in children
- Eye melanoma
- Esophageal cancer
- Head and neck cancers
- Liver cancer
- Lung cancer
- Pituitary gland tumors
- Prostate cancer
- Tumors affecting the spine
- Tumors in the base of the skull
Advantages of Proton therapy
- Proton therapy is the newest development in treating cancers. The most important advantage of the therapy is that it reduces overall toxicity as it focuses mainly on malignant tissues and doesn't damage the normal cells.
- Secondly, it reduces the probability of short or long-term side effects on other healthy tissues or organs around the tumor.
- Proton therapy can be used with surgery or chemotherapy and can also be used to cure recurrent cancer.
- Proton therapy is ideal for pediatric tumors as the possibility of secondary cancers is greatly minimised. In fact, proton therapy is now considered standard of care for treating pediatric cancers.
Risks of Proton therapy
Proton therapy destroys cancerous tissues and has lesser chances of damaging healthy tissues. But there are side effects of proton therapy even though the intensity of such side effects are minimal compared to photons. The side effects are:
- Mouth, eating, and digestion problems
- Hair loss around the part of your body being treated
- Skin redness around the part of your body being treated
- Soreness around the part of your body being treated
Proton therapy has shown promising results and a good prognosis in treating some tumors such as prostate cancer, brain, head, and neck, base-of-skull tumors, and lung tumors, tumors near the spine, pediatric cancer, gastrointestinal cancer, and melanoma of the eye.
Apollo Proton Therapy Cost in Hyderbad
We believe that ‘healthcare is every human’s right,’ so we offer the best and most affordable proton therapy. We use state-of-the-art technology and modern equipment for the treatment of malignant tumors and cancers. We maintain all the ethics and international protocols while performing any treatment and always wish for our patient's well-being. You can trust us for our treatment plan and methods. To know about proton therapy cost in Hyderabad, get in touch with us now. Fix an appointment now and get the best available cancer treatment in Hyderabad.