Dr. Vijay Karan Reddy, was a studious and an obedient student from his school days. After completing his schooling Dr. Karan pursued his studies in medicine. Today Dr. Vijay Karan Reddy, is an accomplished Radiation Oncologist, having completed his M.D from the famous Cancer Institute (WIA), Adiyar, Chennai.
Dr. Karan’s role model is his father. Father and son the duo believe that the cancer cells continue to grow out of control and divide and that the cancer cells don’t die when they’re supposed to die; but continue to grow and live. Dr. Karan also believes that to stop the dreadful growth of cancer cells and to cure his patients, he needs to adopt different types of radiation like Tomography(CT) scans, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Ultrasound Hyperthermial ( heat) and other methods to aid in his treatment planning to save the lives of his patients who look upon him as their saviour.
Here is a detailed insight about Dr. Karan’s academics, family, profession and so on…
The noteworthy credentials of Dr. Vijay Karan Reddy are
M.B.B.S. : Shadan Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad.(2006-2011)
Internship: Osmania General Hospital, Hyderabad,(2011-2012).
Masters : M.D. Radiation Oncology, Cancer Institute (WIA) Adyar, Chennai.( 2012-2015).
Awards and Achievements
The prestigious institutions that Dr. Karan, studied at gave him a lot of exposure to deal with a number of diseases in his field. Trained also under the able guidance of Dr. Vijay Anand Reddy, his father Dr. Karan stands tall and confident in his diagnosis and treatment of cancer patients. These accolades are praise worthy. He has been conferred with awards and achievements in the society.
- Travel Fellowship Award from AROI at the 37th national AROI/ICC 2013 for oral presentation of – IMPACT OF CONCOMITANT CHEMOTHERAPY ON THE EFFECTS OF OVERALL TREATMENT TIME IN CERVICAL CANCER”
- Oraganiser’s Special award from AROI-TNPY 2014, Coimbatore for oral presentation- INTENSITY-MODULATED RADIOTHERAPY OF HEAD AND NECK CANCER AIMING TO REDUCE DYSPHAGIA: EARLY DOSE–EFFECT RELATIONSHIPS OF THE SWALLOWING STRUCTURES.
- M.S Gujral Gold Medal Award for best paper at AROICON-2014,Imphal for oral presentation – INTENSITY-MODULATED RADIOTHERAPY OF HEAD AND NECK CANCER AIMING TO REDUCE DYSPHAGIA: EARLY DOSE–EFFECT RELATIONSHIPS OF THE SWALLOWING STRUCTURES.
Presentations & Publications
Dr. Karan, has always updated himself, in his field of medicine by presenting and publishing articles in the latest and the best ways of treating cancer patients, to mention a few—
- AROIN TN PY, Puduchery, Oct’2012 – oral presentation on “AN OVERVIEW OF RECTAL CARCINOMA IN YOUNG INDIAN ADULTS”
- Annual Conference of American College of Radiation Oncologists, San Antonio, USA – Feb’2013 – Poster Presentation – “AN OVERVIEW OF RECTALCARCINOMA IN YOUNG INDIAN ADULTS”
- Cancer CI, Hyderabad, AP, Feb 2013-Poster Presentation – “IMPACT OF CONCOMITANT CHEMOTHERAPY ON THE EFFECTS OF OVERALL TREATMENT TIME IN CERVICAL CANCER”
- National AROICON/ICC, New Delhi, Nov 2013- Oral Presentation – “IMPACT OF CONCOMITANT CHEMOTHERAPY ON THE EFFECTS OF OVERALLTREATMENT TIME IN CERVICAL CANCER”
- AROI TN PY, Chennai, Oct, 2013-Poster Presentation – DYSPHAGIA IN HEAD AND NECK CANCERS: CAN WE IMPROVE QUALITY OF LIFE BY USING IMRT?
- AROI TNPY Chapter, Coimbatore, Oct’ 2014-Oral Presentation – INTENSITY-MODULATED RADIOTHERAPY OF HEAD AND NECK CANCER AIMING TO REDUCE DYSPHAGIA: EARLY DOSE–EFFECT RELATIONSHIPS OF THE SWALLOWING STRUCTURES.
- National AROICON – Imphal, Nov’2014 – M.S Gujral Award presentation – INTENSITY-MODULATED RADIOTHERAPY OF HEAD AND NECK CANCER AIMING TO REDUCE DYSPHAGIA: EARLY DOSE–EFFECT RELATIONSHIPS OF THE SWALLOWING STRUCTURES.
To advance his educational knowledge as a prospective doctor, Dr. Vijay Karan Reddy, has received specialized training in his field of medicine. This can be seen through the fellowships received:
- Neil Joseph Fellowship in Head and Neck Oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai. (Oct’15 to Nov’15)
- Physician Observership in Head and Neck Oncology at University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA (July’16 to August’16)
- UICC Fellow in Head and Neck Oncology under Dr. Avraham Eisbruch at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA (August’16 to September’16)
- Physician Observership in Tomotherapy at Univeristy Of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany. (March’17 to April’17)
- UICC Fellowship at Christie School of Oncology, Manchester in Head and neck and Paediatric Neuro Radiation Oncology (September’17 to October On Sun, 8 Apr 2018)
Dr. Karan, at this young age believes that by attending conferences he can present his own papers and also by listening to others’ presentations, he can learn from them and improve his knowledge to treat his patients in the best possible way–
Cancer CI, Hyderabad, AP, Feb 2013
- National AROICON/ICC, New Delhi, Nov 2013
- AROI TN PY, Chennai, Oct, 2013
- AROI TNPY Chapter, Coimbatore, Oct’ 2014
- National AROICON – Imphal, Nov’2014
Dr. Karan’s world outside his medical field is his own family members. The compassion, humility and passion that he exhibits have been inherited from his close knit family. Family is where life begins and love never ends, these are his thoughts about his family. Dr. Karan’s family members are:
Father – Dr. P.Vijay Anand Reddy, Prof and HOD Department of Radiation Oncology & Director Apollo Cancer Hospital, Hyderabad
Mother – Dr. P. Shashikala Reddy, Principal, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
Brother – Mr. P. Vijay Vishal Reddy, Founder and CEO of WOWSOME app (Augmented reality & Advertising)
Wife – Dr. Aashna Reddy, MBBS